14 Afforable Valentine's Day ideas in the Greater Boston Area!
If you've been thinking about buying a home and you're just not there yet, don't think about what you can't do today, think about having a romantic celebration without spending a lot of money. You can personalize the day without breaking into your savings... and if you're not spending money you'll be moving closer to ultimate goal of property ownership! Personalizing your celebration and letting your loved one know how you feel about them can be very easy and here as a few of our ideas:
1. Recreate your first date together. Where did you go? What did you talk about? What toppings did you have on that pizza and is the place still around? Go there!
2. Frame a new, special photo of the two of you and display it in your home and make a couple of wallet size ones to carry around too!
3. If you haven't purchased a place yet , put the money you may have spent on a expensive dinner in " someday we're buying a home account" or if you have a place in the "we've saying for a new _____ account.
4. Leave a voicemail message with a silly or romantic poem.
5. If you both usually walk together leave wild flowers, favorite cookies,etc. in a hidden spot and surprise your Valentine during your walk...be creative, The Minuteman Bike Trail in Arlington, Lexington and Bedford is a great option.
6. Make a CD featuring the songs that have been important in your relationship. Slip it into their car CD player with a note.
7. Write down 14 favorite memories of your life spent together so far. Invite your partner to add to the list.
8. Write down special ideas, dreams for the future.
9. Instead of an expensive dinner go to a restaurant you have always wanted to try and order a bottle of wine and appetizer at the bar. There are so many great places to do this in Arlington MA, Somerville MA and Cambridge MA as well as Boston MA. It is an alternative to making a reservation too! So much easier.
10. Go to the beach with a thermos of hot coco, cookies, brownies and blankets. Have you ever been to Castle Island? Such a fun place to walk and take in the Harbor. Too bad Sullivan's doesn't open until March 1st!
11. Spend the weekend and plan a summer destination, could be just a summer weekend or a special overnight.
12. Write about the first time you knew you were in love.
13. Build a fire, open a bottle of champagne and just be together. That's a no-brainer.
14. OK so you decide you're just going to go for broke and forget about saving money, we suggest starting at Open Table for some dinner reservations.
And if you do put buying a home/condo on your wish list this Valentine's Day we have all the resources you need to proceed confidently. You can start by downloading our Buyer Kit and give us a call and we can start the conversation with you.
Happy Valentine's Day!