If you've been thinking about buying a home and you're just not there yet, don't think about what you can't do today, think about having a romantic celebration without spending a lot of money. You can personalize the day without breaking into your savings... and if you're not spending money you'll be moving closer to ultimate goal of property ownership! Personalizing your celebration and letting your loved one know how you feel about them can be very easy and here as a few of our ideas:
1. Recreate your first date together. Where did you go? What did you talk about? What toppings did you have on that pizza and is the place still around? Go there or try one of the many new Pizzerias in the area that beat any $$$ restaurant in our book!
2. Frame a new, special photo of the two of you and display it in your home and make a couple of wallet size ones to carry around too!
3. If you haven't purchased a place yet , put the money you may have spent on a expensive dinner in a newly formed " someday we're buying a home account"!
4. Leave a voice mail message with a romantic poem, maybe original!
5. If you both usually walk together, leave wild flowers, favorite cookies, etc. in a hidden spot ( probably buried in the snow) and surprise your Valentine during your walk...be creative, The Minuteman Bike Trail in Arlington MA, Lexington MA and Bedford MA is a great option, they actually plow in the winter!
6. Make a CD featuring the songs that have been important in your relationship. Slip it into their car CD player with a note.
7. Write down 14 favorite memories of your life spent together so far. Invite your partner to add to the list.
8. Bake an awesome batch of cookies and pack them up in a heart shaped container! No brainer, you both benefit on this one. Here is our recipe for M&M cookies: Chewy and delicious M&M Cookies
9. Instead of an expensive dinner go to a restaurant you have always wanted to try and order a bottle of wine and appetizer at the bar. There are so many great places to do this in Arlington MA, Somerville MA and Cambridge MA as well as Boston MA. It is an alternative to making a reservation too! So much easier.
10. Go to the beach with a thermos of hot cocoa, cookies, brownies and blankets. Have you ever been to Castle Island? Such a fun place to walk and take in the Harbor. Too bad Sullivan's doesn't open until March 1st!
11. Spend the weekend planning a summer/ spring getaway. ( After the last few weeks here in the Greater Boston Area area in the winter months, the thought of a weekend away in warmer weather will warm a heart for sure.)
12. Write about the first time you knew you were in love.
13. Build a fire, open a bottle of champagne and just be together. That's a no-brainer.
14. OK, so you decide you're just going to go for broke and forget about saving money, we suggest starting at Open Table for some dinner reservations.
And if you do put buying a home/condo on your wish list this Valentine's Day we have all the resources you need to proceed confidently. You can start by downloading our Buyer Kit and visiting our very informative website: Avenue 3 Real Estate . Give us a call and we can start the conversation with you.
Happy Valentine's Day 2016!