During late Spring and Summer months, curb appeal comes naturally to many homes. When autumn turns to winter and the sun sets earlier in the day, it becomes more difficult to create that inviting exterior look that grabs buyers from the curb.
With multiple homes for sale in Arlington MA, Cambridge MA and Medford MA, you'll want your home to stand out. The good news is you can create striking winter curb appeal without expensive and/or complicated exterior changes. It just requires a little creativity.
- Seasonal sparkle: Transform window boxes, fountains and bird baths with twigs, red berries or holiday greens. All inexpensive, quick and very pretty.
- Backyards, decks: Shovel your backyard sitting areas and deck and leave your grill uncovered so buyers can evision themselves using the space.
- Front door: make your front door the focal point with a large neutral wreath. Also, place medium to large colorful planters filled with evergreens beside the front door.
- Photo display: show buyers what the outside of the home looks like during other seasons by displaying photos in frames or use a digital photo frame with a slide show of images. If your home has a garden make a list of what is planted where.
- Clear Path: if the ground is covered in snow shovel the driveway and sidewalks and keep the home's patio and decks as clear as possible so buyers can get a sense of their true size.
- Lighting: One week after daylight savings and we have noticed Belmont homes for sale may only have one or two rooms with the lights on and no exterior lights on. It is very likely now that buyers will be viewing your home after sunset. Keep light fixtures clean and use the maximum wattage allowed. Put the lights on and take a drive by your own home and see how it looks to you.
Those are just a few of our ideas. Have some of your own? We'd love for you to share them with us at Contact @Avenue3
or right here in the comment section.
We invite you to view our Seller Guide and and visit our websitefor all the info you need to make smart decisions when selling your home.