Somerville MA continues to be a most desirable place to call home. From April 1 to present, Somerville pending sales total 74 (7 single family, 47 condos and 20 multi-families)—pretty impressive numbers. These numbers, however, are not surprising to those folks who reside in the city that received the 2009 All American City Award!
So if you think this is the place you want to drop anchor, I suggest the following:
1. Familiarize yourself with the city, its neighborhoods and its resources. Somerville has a number of squares including Ball Square, Teele Square, Union Square and Davis Square, that are bustling business and entertainment centers as well as a number neighborhoods.
2. Attend Sunday Open Houses around the city taking note of the asking prices of the properties you're visiting in relation to style, condition and neighborhood.
3. Speak to a mortgage professional and apply for a pre-approval for a mortgage and have that document in hand when you're submitting an offer on a property.
4. Find a knowledgeable real estate professional that can offer sound guidance from the beginning of your search process all the way to the closing table.
5. Know the Somerville real estate market past and present by receiving daily property updates from Avenue 3. Each day you'll be updated with the newly listed properties that fit your personal criteria, as well as, the recently sold properties with their asking price and sale price.
The only real navigating tool you need is knowledge and with the support of an Avenue 3 Buyer Agent you’ll be walking to the “T” in Porter Square or strolling around Davis Square in record time.
For a complete list of Somerville real estate listings click here: Avenue 3 Somerville.
Download Free Home Buying Kit
Find tips on buying a home by downloading our very informative Better Buyer